On 12 May, the Urban Development Corporation and Pali Pali are organising an afternoon of sharing experiences and collective evaluation at the Usquare.brussels site (the former Fritz Toussaint barracks in Ixelles) relating to the temporary occupation programme See U, which is entering its final season.
Initiated by the SAU and opened in 2019 under Pali Pali’s management, See U is the largest temporary occupation in Belgium. It brought the site of the former barracks in Ixelles to life and made it better known while the preparatory stages for its conversion were taking place as part of the Usquare.brussels project, the first main construction work in which began in December 2021.
The participants in the exchanges include representatives of Paris & Métropole Aménagement, who will come to share their experience on a site similar to Usquare.brussels: the former Hôpital Saint Vincent de Paul in Paris’ 14th arrondissement, which also hosted a temporary occupation (Les Grands Voisins, between 2015 and 2020).
The programme for the half-day retrospective will be organised around three items:
- from 13.00 to 18.30, a collective evaluation (in the form of testimonials and round tables on what has been learnt from See U);
- at 18.30, the presentation of a book of photographs as a memento of the See U project;
- from 19.00, a party organised by the See Users.
- Address: See U/Usquare.brussels (Kinograph) - 227 avenue de la Couronne - 1050 Ixelles
- Detailed programme and link for registration (which is required, as places are limited): www.eventbrite.com.