Usquare, Brussels’ new urban and university district – an international, innovative and sustainable place – represents:
- the enhancement of the architectural heritage of the buildings of the former gendarmerie school;
- the remodelling of public spaces to create a friendly place that is open to the surrounding neighbourhoods;
- a new range of local facilities for the site’s residents, users and neighbours;
- new and diversified housing;
- an innovative inter-university cluster for sustainable development research, knowledge dissemination, entrepreneurship and innovation;
- specific infrastructure dedicated to sustainable food;
- potential for a variety of cultural activities.